Bread UpmaNilesh Khemchandani
- 6 slices of Manbhari Sandwich Bread.
- 3 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds / rai
- few curry leaves / kadi patta
- ½ medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, slit lengthwise
- ½ tsp ginger paste / adrak paste
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- ½ small sized capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Manbhari Nylon Sev
- First, Cut the bread slices into cubes and keep aside.
- In a large Wok (Kadai) heat oil and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Sauté till the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add onions, ginger paste and green chillies. Sauté till onions sweat and turn translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and Sauté well. Sauté till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric, chili powder, sugar and salt. Sauté for a minute on low flame till the spices are cooked well.
- Now add capsicum and continue to Sauté. Do not over-cook and make sure to retain the crunchiness of capsicum.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water or as per requirement and mix the mixture well.
- Now add bread pieces. And mix gently without breaking the bread pieces.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes, making sure the bread absorbs masala.
- Finally, serve bread Upma garnished with coriander leaves, Manbhari Nylon Sev and lemon wedges.